Baptist Vein CenterGulf Coast Healthy Living Magazine Volume 6, Issue 2 - Baptist Health Care
Spring on the Gulf Coast means a return to the beaches, and that means the return of lighter wardrobes that reveal skin. Don’t let varicose veins or spider veins prevent you from enjoying your time in the sun. At the Baptist Vein Center, numerous services are offered to minimize the pain, health risk and unsightly appearance associated with vein disease.
James Lonquist, M.D., FACS, a cardiothoracic surgeon with Cardiology Consultants, opened the Baptist Vein Center a few years ago to address the many health issues associated with vein disease.
“My years of performing numerous bypass surgeries using veins to reroute coronary arteries led to a deep concern for the health of my patients’ veins,” says Dr. Lonquist. “The procedures we offer focus on the whole health of the patient.”
- Laser ablation for varicose veins
- Laser is directed through a catheter to close up the affected vein, leaving it in place to minimize bleeding and bruising.
- Varicose veins are removed through a tiny incision in the leg.
- Laser treatment of spider veins
- Laser directs intense heat to destroy small veins.
- Injection sclerotherapy of spider veins
- A solution is injected into the vein, causing the vein to collapse and fade.